My daughter turns 21 this week and I have been thinking about baking her a cake. The problem is she is away on her special day. So, being that baking is not my forté, and chocolate ice cream cake doesn’t travel far in the heat, I started thinking about making something different. Man, do I love Google! Ideas after ideas popped on my screen. And then it hits, POPCORN! There are zillions of things to do to popcorn. And who doesn’t like popcorn? So here it is, to you, Dylan, your very own Birthday Cake Batter Popcorn recipe. Happy 21st, my Darling Dylan!
1 bag of microwave popcorn, popped
8 ounces of white chocolate candy coating, melted
4 heaping teaspoons of yellow cake mix
Assorted colorful sprinkles
1. Pop popcorn according to instructions
2. Spread out on a paper towel, remove any left over kernels or burnt pieces
3. Place popcorn in a large bowl
4. Melt white chocolate (on the stove or in the microwave in 30 second
intervals), stirring in between, until completely melted
5. Stir in cake mix until smooth.
6. Immediately pour mixture over popcorn.
7. Using a wooden spoon, mix the popcorn with the melted chocolate
and cake mixture until completely coated.
8. Pour popcorn onto wax and spread into a single layer.